Special Features and advantages of PROTEGO® Valves
- High flow capacity
- PROTEGO® Valves open later and close earlier ensuring optimized pressure management and saving of inert gases
- Reduction of product losses
- Improved tightness
Closed vessels or tanks filled with liquids must have an opening through which the accumulated pressure can be released and vacuum in the tank or vessel compensated. For that purpose PROTEGO® Overpressure and Vacuum Relief Valves are provided with weight-loaded or spring-loaded valve discs. In the case of overpressure in the tank, the overpressure valve disc guided in the housing is lifted and releases the volume flow into the atmosphere. When there is a vacuum in the tank, the overpressure of the atmosphere lifts the vacuum disc and the tank is vented.
PROTEGO® pressure and vacuum relief valves with full-lift pallet discharge the flow within 10% overpressure from the set pressure to a fully opened valve (full-lift).
Unless otherwise agreed, all PROTEGO® Valves are designed to our 10% technology.
Advantages of the PROTEGO® 10% technology:
- Maintenance of pressure up to just below the maximum permissible (tank) pressure
- Minimization of product losses
- Reduction of emissions
PROTEGO® Pilot Operated Relief Valves discharge the volume flow without requiring pressure increase. Pilot valves are generally used wherever the valve must be very tightly sealed up to the set pressure. The pilot valves are produced according to API 2000 and have an optimized volume flow.
Advantages of PROTEGO® PM-HF, Pressure/Vacuum Pilot-Operated Relief Valve
- Materials: Stainless steel and aluminum
- Size: DN 3”/4” to DN 12”/16”
- Temperature range: -200°C to +60°C
- Set pressure range: +10 to +1034 mbar
- Set vacuum range: -2,2 to -8,1 mbar
- Conformity per API 7th Ed. and ISO 28300
- Cryogenic Functional Test (per ISO 21013-4)
- Blow down < 7%
- Extremely tight valve seat to valve pallet seal