Choose the right Valve here: Catalogue
Closed vessels or tanks filled with liquids must have an opening through which the accumulated pressure can be released and vacuum in the tank or vessel compensated. For that purpose PROTEGO® Overpressure and Vacuum Relief Valves are provided with weight-loaded or spring-loaded valve discs. In the case of overpressure in the tank, the overpressure valve disc guided in the housing is lifted and releases the volume flow into the atmosphere. When there is a vacuum in the tank, the overpressure of the atmosphere lifts the vacuum disc and the tank is vented.
Our product range includes:
- Overpressure and Vacuum Relief Valves (end-of-line / in-line)
- Pilot-operated Valves
- Emergency Relief Valves
- Overpressure and Vacuum Relief Valves with integrated Flame Arrester Unit (end-of-line)
- Diaphragm Valves
Read more on "Safe Protection of Storage Tanks with Pressure / Vacuum Valves and Flame Arresters"
Special Features and advantages of PROTEGO® Valves
- High flow capacity
- PROTEGO® Valves open later and close earlier ensuring optimized pressure management and saving of inert gases
- Reduction of product losses
- Improved tightness
Pressure and Vacuum Relief Valves
PROTEGO® pressure and vacuum relief valves with full-lift pallet discharge the flow within 10% overpressure from the set pressure to a fully opened valve (full-lift).
Unless otherwise agreed, all PROTEGO® Valves are designed to our 10% technology.
Advantages of the PROTEGO® 10% technology:
- Maintenance of pressure up to just below the maximum permissible (tank) pressure
- Minimization of product losses
- Reduction of emissions
Discharge with full-lift pallet
Discharge with full-lift
PROTEGO® Diaphragm Valves
PROTEGO® Diaphragm Valves are used at weather-related low temperatures and in sticky, polymerizing media because of their flexible diaphragms. They are the only valves worldwide which are frost-proof down to temperatures of -40°C.
Benefits of PROTEGO® Diaphragm Valves
- high performance seal reducing product loss below EPA’s 500ppm rule preventing environmental pollution
- set pressure close to opening pressure enables optimum pressure maintenance in the system
- liquid column height is monitored by level indicators (see picture on the right)
- freeze protection at sub-zero conditions (see picture 1 on the back)
- hinged design – maintenance friendly (see picture 2 on the back)
- self draining function for condensate
- particularly suitable for problematic products such as monomers,polymerizing media and vapours with a tendency to condensate, etc.
PROTEGO® Pilot Operated Relief Valves
PROTEGO® Pilot Operated Relief Valves discharge the volume flow without requiring pressure increase. Pilot valves are generally used wherever the valve must be very tightly sealed up to the set pressure. The pilot valves are produced according to API 2000 and have an optimized volume flow.
Advantages of PROTEGO® PM-HF, Pressure/Vacuum Pilot-Operated Relief Valve
- Materials: Stainless steel and aluminum
- Size: DN 3”/4” to DN 12”/16”
- Temperature range: -200°C to +60°C
- Set pressure range: +10 to +1034 mbar
- Set vacuum range: -2,2 to -8,1 mbar
- Conformity per API 7th Ed. and ISO 28300
- Cryogenic Functional Test (per ISO 21013-4)
- Blow down < 7%
- Extremely tight valve seat to valve pallet seal
PROTEGO® Emergency Pressure Relief Valves
PROTEGO® Emergency Pressure Relief Valves must be used when extremely high venting rates are required due to fire on the outer surface.