Deflagration Flame Arrester, endurance burning proof, End-of-Line
- endurance burning protection for alcohols and hydrocarbons up to explosion group IIB
- specially developed for sea going vessels but also useful for inland navigation vessels and on shore systems
- weather hood protects against environmental impact (i.e. weather, bird nests, etc.)
- weather hood opens and signals the impact of a flame
- fusible link is resistant against
- modular design allows replacement of single FLAMEFILTER®
- protection against atmospheric deflagration and endurance burning
- modular design results in low spare part cost
Function and Description
The PROTEGO® BE/HR-E-IIB consists of a housing (1), a weather hood (2) and the PROTEGO® flame arrester unit (3). During normal operation, the metal weather hood is in a closed position. If a flame burns on the flame arrester element surface, the fusible link (5), located in a center position, will melt and let the spring loaded weather hood move into the open position. The PROTEGO® flame arrester unit consists of two FLAMEFILTER® discs (4), which are installed in a FLAMEFILTER® casing. The PROTEGO® BE/HR-E end-of-line deflagration flame arrester is available for hydrocarbons for explosion group IIB (MESG ≥ 0,5 mm) and alcohols.
The standard design can be used for operating temperatures up to +60°C / 140°F.
Type-approved in accordance with ATEX Directive and EN ISO 16852 as well as other international standards. Approved according to IMO MSC/Circular 677 as well as IMO MSC.1/Circular 1324 and 1325.
To select the nominal size (DN), please use the flow capacity charts on the following pages
|DN||80 / 3"||100 / 4"|
|a||353 / 13.90||353 / 13.90|
|b||250 / 9.84||250 / 9.84|
Material selection for housing
|Weather Hood||Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Flame arrester unit||A||A, C|
Material combinations of flame arrester unit
|FLAMEFILTER® cage||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Selection of explosion group
|MESG||Expl. Gr. (IEC / CEN)||Gas Group (NEC)|
|≥ 0,5 mm||IIB||B|
Flange connection type
|EN 1092-1; Form B1|
|ASME B16.5 CL 150 R.F.|
Flow Capacity Chart
The flow capacity charts have been determined with a calibrated and TÜV certified flow capacity test rig. Volume flow V in (m³/h) and CFH refer to the standard reference conditions of air ISO 6358 (20°C, 1bar). For conversion to other densities and temperatures refer to Sec. 1: “Technical Fundamentals”.